Tuesday, November 27, 2012

groW

My architecture professor freshman year gave us a copy of the Incomplete Manifesto For Growth which is based on Bruce Mau's beliefs. Here they were applied for projects. I try to refer back to them on occasion because they are so motivational, and they apply to any sort of art. Because the list is so long, I will by listing my favorites. 

1. Allow events to change you.
2. Process is more important that outcome.
3. Capture accidents.
4. Drift.
5. Begin anywhere.
6. Ask stupid questions.
7. __________________.
8. Stay up late. (Easy for me since I have insomnia!) 
9. Make your own tools.
10. Don't clean your desk.
11. Take field trips.
12. Break it, stretch it, bend it, crush it, crack it, fold it.
13. Laugh.
14. Coffee breaks, cab rides, green rooms.
15. Don't borrow money.


No comments:

Post a Comment